Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Drippy Romances and Dreams

I read Christian romances.  There, I said it.  They give me...hope.

Sometimes they give me life lessons as well, all wrapped up in a cover and characters.

Tonight I was reading about a romance and these words skittered from the page into my heart:  " ...but I realize that in the Lord all things are perfected.  So when things aren't humanly perfect, we can give them to God who'll make them better."  (Gail Gaymer Martin, Loving Care, 2004, Steeple Hill Books)

As a wife who had a pretty "perfect" life, I have been afraid of the future.  Afraid of not finding perfection if there is time #2.  Afraid of comparing, of trusting, of losing again, of making a mistake, of so many things.  I trust God, but do I trust me?

I guess the message for me in these lines was that as long as I trust God, and follow Him, I can trust me.  He loves me and my kids more than I love me and my kids.

If there is another real-life romance in my world, I need to remember that it will not be perfect, and neither will the guy.  He can't be.  But God can and is.

And in His perfection, I can stand.  I can be scared, but can move on, knowing that He's got it.

As I mentally prepare for my first date in this millennium (some of you are saying, "'bout time!"), I can honestly say that as scared as I am to try, I am equally scared not to.

Praise God that He has got my back...and my heart...for this whole tumultuous ride!

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. - Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment