Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Treasuring in My Heart - Part 1

Well, he's done it!  This is a good "it!"

My seven year old has studied.  He has pondered and asked questions.  And now he's ready...to commit his life to Christ through baptism.

Praise God and hallelujah!

Now, in this mom brain, that has brought about a series of emotions and feelings, all in short order.

My first thought when he told me was a very human response, I think.

Well, I guess I'm doing OK raising these kids without Keith.

Again, praise God and hallelujah!

Not that I think I am going to mess them up; and not that I think it's really all up to me.  I just water those seeds in that sweet little soul and pray...and pray...and pray for God to bring the increase.  And He does.

And then my thoughts turn to Keith.  I want to tell him...that I'm carrying on...that we are progressing as a family...that we are moving forward with our lives here on earth.

I want him to be proud of me and the job I'm doing.  I would give anything to see that smile and the love in his eyes.

These are his kids, too.  I want to raise them to be the men of God we dreamed they would be.  That desire has only increased since Keith's death.  I want my sons to be in the image of their earthly father, who had his eyes always on his Heavenly Father.  That is the best legacy that I can give them.

I have a quote that hangs on my wall that says the following (I'm afraid I cannot find the source):

Motherhood
It will be overwhelming.
It will be difficult.
 It will bring you to the end of yourself.
And at the end, you will find Him.

Mothering kids is hard...very hard.  Single mothering can be an extreme challenge, one that I often feel absolutely unable to complete.

But the good news is that I do not do this alone, even with Keith on the other side of the divider between here and Heaven.

And God's grace is sufficient to cover me at my weakest, my most ineffective, my most sinful, my most foolish, my most selfish.

Praise God for His provision! 

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. - 2 Corinthians 12:9

1 comment:

  1. FANTASTIC! PRAISING GOD! :)

    Yes, Mom, you are doing a great job. :)

    ReplyDelete