Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It's Not in the Owner's Manual...or is it?

So what I thought on my car was no big deal is really a need for a MAJOR REPAIR or...(gulp!)...a NEW CAR.  Sigh.

Blessedly, this is not a right away need, but a near future need.  So I have time...to think.  Thank the Lord, because something like this takes time for me.  What I know about cars could fit on their dipstick and still register as add oil (total pun intended, since that is where my car problem lies).  This puts me at a definite disadvantage when stuff like this happens.

 I have to take it slow to figure out what to do, to make the right decision.  I have already asked the advice of a couple of my "car guy" friends and plan to ask a couple more.  Thank God for Steve and Craig and Diana's brother and Billy and George!  I have researched on the internet this problem with my car and found out what others have done and what it cost.  Beyond that, I am praying...and praying...and praying.

This kind of stuff is not in a manual...and I think it is natural to fear making a mistake.  There is no definite answer, but various opinions.  Fix or cut my losses and run?  Keep the big gas guzzler or downsize a bit?  Buy new or buy used?

And in my prayers so far I have come to one definite conclusion:

God's got it.

And...maybe the answer is in the BIG Manual--His Holy Word.

In it, I have learned a lot that can apply:

Rather than lament that Keith is not here...
Remember that I have a Counselor even wiser (John 14:16-17).

Rather than worry about the skills that I don't have...
Remember that other members of the body have other skills which they are graciously sharing with me (1 Corinthians 12).

Rather than bemoan my having to handle this on my own...
Remember that God has a special providence for widows (Exodus 22:22).

Rather than stress and worry...
Remember that God has a plan for my life (Jeremiah 29:11) and His admonitions on worrying (Matthew 6:25-34).

In Him and because of Him, I can get through everything...not just car stresses.

But I could use a few prayers from you all as well.  ;-)

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment