Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Flowers and Candy

For those of you who saw my last post, I had been more distant from the Lover of my soul than I had wanted. 

I had the opportunity on Sunday to tell some people how much they have meant to me and my family, something as a people I don't think we do enough of.  I shared how they had blessed us and I think that blessed them as well. 

Then my Lover sent flowers and candy to my soul.  My connection with Him deepened in just that moment.  I felt His presence to the point of tears. 

Funny how often the fix for me is to look outside myself and do something for someone else!

Here is the prayer that winged its way from my heart onto the page at that moment:

Gracious and awesome Lord - I am humbled by Your love and care for me and my byos.  It brings me to my knees emotionally to think of what good care You take of us.  Even though today, especially, I miss Keith more than ever, I wouldn't change my life, where we have gone, where we are going, for amything because You are there, there, there!  I can't imgine my life not being as it is now.  I glory in serving You, in being Your instrument to allow others to step up and help us and therefore bless us and further Your kingdom.  Help me to never, never forget that -- or my boys to forget that.  I love You!  Help me to live for You always, always, always! 

1 comment: